Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Winter reading is snow much fun!



By Carolynn DeVries

Here is a fun idea for winter, I love the pun and the final display is very dramatic and really captures the eye. Thanks and well done Carolynn!
Here are Carolynn's comments:
'I just found your website on Pinterest, I love it! I think it's great that we have a place where we can share our ideas with others. I am the main person who puts together the displays in our library branch, so I am constantly accessing ideas from the internet and Pinterest. Occasionally, I will have an original idea, this is always exciting for me! I had this idea to make a huge snowflake on the wall using books covers as the "spokes" of the snowflake. So I laid it out on the floor by my desk to see how it would look, and realized I would need to add some white strips of paper to make it feel more "snowflake like". Then I decided to use the idea that we had been using for awhile with a clothesline for the words in my display because it would be easy to change out'.

No comments: